Informatics Analyst (San Francisco)
, showing a continued thirst for new data-driven approaches to treating disease.
Our team is reinventing how medical research happens with data and technology. This is a company built by and for people who are looking to get out of their comfort zone and try new things, who want to learn and grow quickly, and who seek to be part of a mission-driven team committed to improving patient lives. Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in NC, NJ, FL, WA, MA, WI, VA, PA, and TX.
who is technically skilled, excited about data - analytics, content, relationships, and interoperability - and wants to join our interdisciplinary and cross-functional team. You will lend your expertise to analyzing a practice’s data sources, providing support for the integration of their data into our platform and guiding the usage of this data. You’ll work closely with the platform engineering, algorithms, clinical data science, and customer success teams to build information models and inform the organizational data architecture as well as providing support for querying and utilization of data mappings to make clinical data more accessible, useful, and comprehensible.
- Lead analytical analysis in supporting our concept infrastructure to meet business needs.
- Experience with coding and mapping different healthcare terminologies.
- Be a domain expert on clinical patient data with demonstrated hands on programming skills.
- Contribute to the maintenance and enhancements of Verana’s core data models and data mappings.
- Engage with a variety of teams to help define and implement extensions to existing information models, supporting internal features and 3rd party content.
- Identify and evaluate potential sources of content to enhance the user experience in Verana’s application.
- Track (and if necessary, contribute to) emerging health data interchange standards (e.g. CDA, FHIR) and use these standards to inform Verana’s information model.
- Become an expert on querying the data stored in these models in the Verana platform.
- Uses technical, clinical, and financial knowledge to assess the completeness and reliability of data and the validity and accuracy of analytical results.
- Masters or BS in clinical, biomedical, health informatics with data analytics track or a related field, from a leading institution or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with concept mappings, validation algorithms and QA analysis
- Demonstrated hands-on experience building SQL queries, PySpark algorithms to generate report documents and integrating data from clinical platforms including EHR, pharmacy and claims
- Working knowledge of regulatory (CDC, FDA) and payer (CMS) reporting requirements for providers and life-sciences companies and associated data standards (Registry CDA, CTCAE, EDC, eCQM, QRDA)
- Deep understanding of HL7, FHIR and other reference information models used for healthcare interoperability
- Experience working with standard controlled vocabularies like; SNOMED-CT, LOINC, RxNorm, NDC, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS)
- Ability to write scripts (e.g. python, perl, pyspark, SQL) to perform basic data manipulation
- Ability to write technical and logical data specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on relaying complex information and concepts in more relatable terms
- Ability to collaborate closely with a team, or charge forward independently when required
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Experience with a query language such as SQL, NoSQL, Athena Interface.
- Medical Coding certification (CPC, CCS)
- Experience working with large biomedical data sets (e.g. FDB, PubMed, NCIt)
- Experience working with third party claims data sets like; Truven, IQVIA, etc.
- Experience with Real World or Observational data sets like; OMOP, FDA AERS and i2b2.
- Experience developing knowledge-base solutions for biomedical concepts (e.g. diseases, therapies, etc).
- Knowledge of healthcare data interchange standards such as X12-EDI
Verana Health values our employees well-being and happiness. We provide fully covered health, vision and dental for employees, Flexible vacation plans, learning and development allowances, a generous parental leave policy, 401K and commuter benefits.