Software Engineer (San Francisco)
, showing a continued thirst for new data-driven approaches to treating disease.
Our team is reinventing how medical research happens with data and technology. This is a company built by and for people who are looking to get out of their comfort zone and try new things, who want to learn and grow quickly, and who seek to be part of a mission-driven team committed to improving patient lives. Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, MA, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WI. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As software engineer at Verana you will be responsible for extending a set of tools used for integration with medical practices by engaging with internal users of the tool set, building and getting agreement on the roadmap, setting design direction and collaborating with the rest of the software engineering team to provide a high quality implementation of the toolset. In addition, you will be responsible for setting up and maintaining a SDLC that works in our environment to reduce errors and increase communication on release and facilitate a fast moving software development process.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related scientific discipline is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in software development is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build software tools in a collaborative, team oriented environment that are product and customer driven.
- Good understanding and hand on experience working in cloud computing environment, preferable AWS.
- Exhibit expert level programming that can be successfully applied in an environment that is currently .Net focused.
- Experience with relatively low level back-end programming including efficient network communication, building reliable windows and linux services, and the use of streaming, compression, and common column oriented data storage formats for managing data transfers.
- Good understanding of databases.
- Healthcare and medical data experience is a plus, but not required.
- 8+ years of experience in software development is preferred.
Verana Health values our employees well-being and happiness. We provide fully covered health, vision and dental for employees, Flexible vacation plans, learning and development allowances, a generous parental leave policy, 401K and commuter benefits.