VP, Quantitative Science (San Francisco)
We are seeking a dynamic leader who thrives at the intersection of data science and analytics innovations, real-world data (RWD), customer delivery and scientific discovery. The VP, Quantitative Science, will be a key role within our organization, liaising with the medical, product, and technology teams. This integral role will report to Verana’s Chief Medical Officer. We are seeking someone with a passion for data insights solutions to drive innovation momentum in clinical practice and contemporary clinical research.
- Lead and drive the strategic vision for Quantitative Science
- Develop best practices for research methodology suitable for real world data
- Develop and standardize project delivery best practices across all retrospective and prospective research deliverables
- Create a culture of operational excellence within the data science function, defining a resourcing plan and strategy for additional hires
- Collaborate with the product and commercial teams to standardize research design based on the strengths and data capabilities of Verana data sets.
- Partner with product, commercial and other teams to further develop strategies for analyzing linked, complementary data sources such as claims data, patient-derived data, and health systems EHR data.
- Further develop and implement company policy, practices and operating procedures involving data compliance, in collaboration with other teams
- Understanding of how to scale retrospective analytics projects, from initial specifications to delivery
- Masters or PhD in clinical or scientific discipline, with advanced training in clinical data science, biomedical informatics, and biostatistics
- 10+ years’ experience applying data science and/or informatics initiatives across diverse projects and experiences and a strong track record of scientific contributions
- Proven track record of using scientific methodology to analyze diverse data sources and derive insights that result in real-world evidence generation
- Deep understanding of drug development lifecycle, life science org structure and related decision making
- Possess the medical/scientific expertise to successfully communicate the customer needs to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working in healthcare regulatory environments
- Familiarity with HIPAA data privacy regulations
- Experience engaging with FDA or other regulators a plus
- Extensive experience in leadership; career development, training, and resource allocation